An elevator or lift are vertical transportation that moves people or goods between floors of a building, vessel, or other structure. Elevators are powered by electric motors that either drive traction cables or counterweight systems like a hoist, or pump hydraulic fluid.
The most important bearing types for Elevator Systems are as follows :
Deep Groove Ball Bearing(DGBB) :
- Suitable for robust operation and require little maintenance.
- Uninterrupted raceway shoulders.
- Non Separable design & can support radial and axial loads.
- Different sealing options like seals or shields available.
- Application used Traction Machines
Spherical Roller Bearing (SRB) :
- Self-aligning design helps to withstand extreme conditions to compensate for drive shaft deflection, which can lead to edge stresses.
- Internal design enables them to withstand High Radial load and able to accommodate axial loads acting in both directions.
- Most types have circular groove and lubricating holes in the outer ring, for effective lubrication.
- Application: Traction Machines.
Angular Contact Ball Bearing (ACBB) :
- Sustain significant unidirectional axial load together with radial load.
- Bearings with suffix E are designed for higher load ratings and better performance.
- Inner, outer races and balls are manufactured from high quality bearing steel for optimum performance.
- Single row angular contact ball bearings are self-retaining units.
- Rigidity of single row angular contact bearings increases by preloading,
- Application :Worm Gear Unit